Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Transformer reading

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,514 Views
(@micmerci)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#17535]
I have a transformer that is reading only 1.3 ohms between h1 & h2 on primary side. The reading increases .1 ohm as I measure between h1 and other taps as expected. My question is, isnt this Reading way too low, indicating a short? Thanks in advance.



   
Quote
(@JimboNJ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is it burnt ? Are you blowing fuses before it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@micmerci)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Trips breaker as soon as starter kicks in. Ended up being fault contactor defective. I guess the transformer reading was accurate



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Transformers and other windings use Inductive Reactance after the Voltage is applied. The Ohmic Value with no Volatge is inherently low.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ive chased a couple of shorts back to a transformer I had forgotten to unhook while looking for the cause of a blown fuse.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top