Over the weekend,had a TMS 500 go down.
The guy troubleshooting it found a bad scr,replaced it.
Trying to run the car on inspect. the motor makes a loud rumbling noise,just barely moves and things start smoking.
I get there,there is a chainfall on top the car because the repair team thought maybe it was set on safeties.
They can't budge the car.
Waiting for me is a huge a-frame because they are going to replace the motor.
This has 5 connections to the motor,,u,v,and w 1 and 2.
I measure the voltage coming from each scr when we try to run it.
I get 109,79,109.
Waiting on a new contactor and new scr's.
Hoping that fixes it.
Could one of the fields be bad in the motor or a bad drive board?
I have four boards attached to each scr,the fourth one is attached to to scr's.
There are 5 scr's.
The last one attached to two scr's ,led lights briefly,but goes out.
But that is not the one I am measuring lower voltage.
Those boards driving the scr's are controlled by a controller board and a firing board which are seated in a mother board.
Replaced the firing board,but not the other two set beings that the controller board has 8 or nine pots on it to adjust speed,decel and acel.
Waiting on the tech.manual on this.
It is called 384,the drive that is.
Why 5 connections?
Why 5 scr's?
the original host/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4330
The motor has a high speed winding and low speed winding.
The low speed is used for braking torque.
Both controlled by a thyristor bridge.
Just got done reading 35 pages of this manual,and they should have thrown in a monkey throwing poop at you to make just a little more complicated.
JEEZ!!!