Elevator Forum

tke isis rope longe...
 
Notifications
Clear all

tke isis rope longevity question

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,510 Views
 Jim
(@Jim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24408]
I went and looked at a tke isis duplex in a moderately busy 6 stop building today. These machines arent even old enough to have had their first cat 5 tests performed on them yet. I looked at the hoist ropes. WOW. Flat and sharp. Way more wear than i would have thought should be there on 4 year old equipment. I guess that 90 degree twist in 4 feet off of the drive to each deflector takes its toll.

Have others out there experienced this issue with this equipment?



   
Quote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe they stopped making the ISIS around 2007-2008 due to the issues with the kevlar cables. You probably were looking at synergys with the torin machines on their back. I've only heard of one job by me that had an early failures with those 8mm cables(2 or 3 years old) and I believe since then TKE may have moved to a different cable manufacture.



   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes that sounds like Synergy 85, (light duty probably only 150 fpm) if machines is flat facing upwards in overhead, with two deflectors

We use preformed 8x19 Warrington-IWRC. There is green painted stripe the length of the rope. It is worth checking, ropes were, at one time, up to local office to provide on new construction. There was obviously temptation by local construction managers to supplement cheaper alternatives, or they just ordered the wrong thing inadvertently. Ropes now ship with the job from the factory because of this.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top