Elevator Forum

ThyssenKrupp LEV El...
 
Notifications
Clear all

ThyssenKrupp LEV Electrical Problem

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,625 Views
(@Boomer_AZ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#23512]
Hi, I have a LEV elevator. I live 120 miles from the nearest service company. It costs me $300 to have them just show up at my house. I’m an Electrical Engineer, so fairly tech savvy. Here is the problem I’m having. The transformer for the recessed ceiling lights in the car had an actual melt down. It shorted the 120vac going to the transformer and now the 120 at the transformer is de-energized. The car has the emergency lights on. No other function of the elevator seems to have been affected. It did not trip the breaker at the top of the shaft. The fuse on the front of the controller is good and if I remove it, the backup battery system beeps. Would this 120vac run through backup battery system? Is there a breaker on the Backup battery? I’m trying to figure out how to get the 120vac energized again. Does the wiring diagram show a fuse or breaker anywhere? Would it be possible to get a copy of this section of the wiring diagram from somebody? I’d be willing to pay for any costs you incur. I’d love to have a copy of the entire LEV schematic if possible, Thank you for your time. Please help me if you can. Dave



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The 120VAC line for the car lighting is on a breaker that is separate from the 230VAC that runs the unit. If you go to your house panel, and look at the breakers, you should find a two pole breaker at about 30 amps and a single pole breaker that is either 15 or 20 amp. The 15 or 20 amp breaker is tripped.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Boomer_AZ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The house panel breaker isn’t tripped. There is a fuse in the shutoff box at the top of the shaft, it tests good. There is a 3A fuse in the front panel of the controller, it tests good. I’ve used a volt/ohm meter to make these reading. I did work as an electrician for 3 years. I wonder if there is a breaker as part of the Backup Power Supply? I have not opened the Controller to check on the backup power supply.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The 120VAC for the car lighting does not use the UPS. The emergency lights should be on a separate battery. There are two switches on the face of the LEV controller. One is for the 230VAC power and one is for the car lighting. Are you sure that you are looking at the correct switch? Also, for the time being, disconnect the transformer and pigtail a 25w lamp on the light wires, so you can tell when you have the 120VAC line back. Sometimes, there is a light switch inside the elevator. Is it on? Also, the LEV has a circuit that turns off the lights in the car after 5 minutes of non-use. The relay that accomplishes this may be bad. How old is this unit? Does it have a separate motor drive or is the drive part of the SBC in the controller? Is there a PLC in the controller? What kind of emergency lights do you have? Is there a separate box on the cartop for this?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Boomer_AZ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Johnny, I am fairly sure I am looking at the correct switches on the controller. OK, I have pigtailed in a light to the car lighting line. I have the light switch inside the car on, this switch bypasses the 5 minute timer on the cabin light keeping it continuously on. The unit is 25 years old. It has a “green” controller board, the motor drive in on the board. The emergency light in at the top of the car control panel. The light is now out, the battery must be dead.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top