Elevator Forum

ThyssenKrupp I-2 Va...
 
Notifications
Clear all

ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.6 K Views
 JWB
(@JWB)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#10852]
We just finished installing a ThyssenKrupp I-2 valve upgrade on an older Dover elevator. The elevator runs fine with the new valve but it has developed a noise that sounds like cavitation. The oil level is fine and the elevator operates correctly. My only problem is this loud noise. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just the valve? Not the pump unit as well? I have had some pumps with some noise before, but never a valve issue. There is a softener we use from CAT that is for hydraulic systems, helps with packings and smoothes out twinposts that sometimes have dry seals that cause some chatter.

Keep us updated, I am a new install adjuster, work on 5-7 new I-2's a week or so.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does this noise only operate in the up direction when the pump is going? Try to separate which valve may be oscillating or radiating noise. Is this a standard valve system?



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rags, packaging material or other crap could be starving the pump input. If its a dry pump unit, you may have have had the inlet hose break apart inside of itself creating a "flap" that starves the pump.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
By chance is the valve from Linden if so return it there gunk.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Gunk?



   
ReplyQuote
(@rac66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When does it make the noise... during acceleration, high speed, transition, and/or leveling? Does it only growl at upper landings when the oil level in the tank is lower?



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
E3 11 is correct we have had several cases of clogged filter screens in the pump unit. Drain the tank check for foreign objects are collapsed hoses. Good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can always pull the up leveling adjuster and see if there is anything in it. Really easy and quick. If you find shavings etc you can expect to see more inside the valve. Count the threads!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rode one of them Linden valves once
Prettiest accel and decel I've seen yet
But it hammered the Crap out of you right smack
I'm the middle of high speed plateau



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top