Elevator Forum

Thyssen Door Operat...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Thyssen Door Operator

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,850 Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#181]
I have a Thyssen Door Operator using the 6300GE2 board on a Thyssen TAC 50. It appears to be serial linked to the controller for communications only. All other signals are discrete such as open, close, nudge, limits. I'm wondering if I can change this operator with a GAL MOVFR without affecting the TAC 50 controller? Also, Is there any way to communicate with the operator other than the TAC 50 tool?



   
Quote
(@Elevatorman_1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You are stuck with what you have unless you purchase the software from TKE to recognize and operate that MOVFR...

The problem is that the TAC 50 controller will be looking for that door board, it will lose COMM with it and shut down...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Think about it!)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I expect if you remove the connection you call the communications... the answer will be abundantly clear!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Actually, the elevator ran for several hours without the door board plugged in to the serial cable, then it shut down. After resetting the controller we plugged the serial cable back into the board and the elevator ran fine again. I'm not sure if it shut down just because the cable was not plugged in for a few hours or if it was an unrelated issue. I have not been back to try it again.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top