Elevator Forum

This is off subject...
 
Notifications
Clear all

This is off subject but humor me, weird pit finds

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
40.6 K Views
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a call that the elevator was chirping. When I got in the overhead I found 2 nests of baby birds built into the missing brick that formed a lattice work that was screened on the inside that made up the hoist way ventilation. I went to the building office with a big can of WD40 and my lighter I told the women about the baby birds and my plan to torch them up!!!!! You should of heard them begging me not to hurt those little babies. I cant help myself sometimes.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey, that MEOWING call reminded of a similar one-

I got a call once while working for Otis in a downtown Los Angeles high rise, and was told that there was a "Meowing" coming from the hoistway, like a kitten.

So I was riding the car, listening for noises, but not pushing any floor buttons. (This of course makes the other passengers wonder what you are doing) It was busy enough as it was, what with all the bankers, lawyers, and secretaries bustling about.

So this lady gets in the car, (one who I already knew, had a great sense of humor, and was a fun-type), she asks me what I was doing, so I told her someone heard a kitten meowing, and so I was just looking for a "little pussy"!

You gotta be careful who you joke with, but in this specific case, it was well received and good for a laugh for both of us...

Last edited by Vic; 05/06/13 08:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
She didn't say, ( me too mines as big as an ice cream bucket.)did she.... Couldn't help it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry if I offended anyone



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Bwah-haa-Hah!

🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hehehe----I was replacing a car station one time but was told keep the car running as it was the only one in a busy building. I killed everything coming down from the car top box so I wouldn't get lit up and put my helper on the car top with a jumper to set calls. As people started showing up around 9AM when they got on the car I would ask them what floor and then repeat whatever they said loud enough for my helper to hear. After some questions if I was adding voice activation. (the new COP had speaker holes)I said sure I was and after that as people got on the car I would say elevator 4th floor or whatever. By noon we were done and about everyone in the building had seen the new voice activation in action. By 2pm I was getting a call from the route guy who couldn't find any problems with the car.....would of loved to have watched people yelling floor numbers into that speaker hole....

Last edited by danzeitz; 05/09/13 12:11 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow! I haven't laughed this hard in some time...



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
my helper an I found a g pack behind a header in the projects. I made him put it back. Good thing, because as we exited the elevator the gang banger that put it there was right outside the elevator waiting to see what we did with it. it did get me a pass in the building after that. I could leave my tools anywhere. :}



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: aquadag
my helper an I found a g pack :}

enlighten me what is a g pack?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top