My father ran route in Daytona, he found a complete
Three cushion sofa in elevator pit during spring break.
Me- I found some pure silver collector coins in pit, nobody called
in missing them.
Peace
You found my coins!
🙂
I was given a helper...(Yes we had Maintenance helpers back then), And I decided I would put him to good use. So off a pit cleaning we did go.
Went over to one building with an old dilapidated hydro, opened the doors and sent the helper in the pit with a broom and a trash bag. Forgot to mention...This building was where the police department processed evidence....
So...I'm standing around checking out the police and the police dogs, and I hear my hippie helper exclaim.....DAMN...
I look in the pit and I see him holding about a 2 foot bud of marijuana. Then I looked in the pit and it was full of them. As well as several small baggies filled with white powder.
My helper looked at me and pleadingly begged..."Can we Keep It?...PLEASE?"...I looked around at the lobby full of cops, dogs, etc.. and told him "I don't think so buddy"..
I've never seen a human being so dejected as I called over a cop and showed him our find. He thanked us and called in some more officers to finish the clean up.
This was in a morgue which was located in the basement after hurricane Ike that devastated Galveston Istand. There was a 150 cadavers located in a large walk in freezer located next to the elevator. We had to get on top of the car and hoist it up so the pit could be pumped out. Along with the head there was a bunch of human sludge. It was absolutely the nastiest thing I have ever had to do. Also being the low man on the totem pole I had to change all the buffer oil in all the traction units. The buffers had no oil in them just nasty sagnant water that stunk to high heaven. I took a bath in the first buffer I change and broke out in hives the next morning. First time I ever got a paid day off.
I never had a human head in a pit, but I did get a call for a cat in the pit that was meowing all night long. Ho hum...