Elevator Forum

TC3200 from TK Nort...
 
Notifications
Clear all

TC3200 from TK Northern

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.7 K Views
(@gs264)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14450]
Looking to get feedback on Thyssen Krupp Northern elev TC3200 controller and how it is to deal with them in general. Thanks



   
Quote
(@bassman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe you'll need the MAP tool on the Northerns. The units I took care of had ECI DOOR equipment, controller wise they are OK. I remember replacing a selector, and a load weighing board on the car top. But I remember having to send back the MAP tool to thyssen, because it is only good for so many plug ins.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I thought World Electronics made a MAP Tool for sale.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pdq1600)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I take care of a lot of these if you need any help pm me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Fabs#14)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good day, having issue with the Tc 3200. It'll run fine on automatic after a few runs, It takes itself out of service. If I hit main reset it will run a few more times and then shut down



   
ReplyQuote
(@GatorSK1N)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
could be a few things... odds are its the HVS-9603 Board. Most of the time thats the thing that fails.

(probably need to send it out for repair and refurbishment. the power supplies and capacitors sometimes goes.)

Last edited by GatorSK1N; 03/19/24 08:32 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Whats the deal with these? Around here I've only ever seen tac 50-04s. Are these an old controller or one TK uses in markets outside the USA?



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thyssen themselves didn't actually buy US Elevator. It was their Canadian subsidiary Northern that actually bought them in 1994. The Northern design is based on US Elevator with only 2% difference. Northern sold a revised version of the US product until 1999. Northern continues to make their own product line, independent from the one based on thyssen's other predecessor, Miami Elevator, but now operates under the TK Elevator Canada branding (after ThyssenKrupp became TKE).

PS: This is no opinion. Northern is the best elevator company ever. It's the only brand of elevator I've never been stuck in and never had trouble with. The total number of Northern's I've used was over 132, not just 1 or 2. It's also the only brand of elevator I've never seen break down before.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks. That explains alot



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Has anyone ever replaced the Thyssen Krupp Quantum Quiet Drive on these controllers with something else before? There is a tender out that only wants the drive replaced but to retain the 3200 controllers.



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It should be a moral sin to replace a 3200. Northern is the best company ever. It's the one and only brand of elevator I've never been stuck in, never had a problem with, never seen break down, and never almost got injured on. At least Northern had since enough to use ECI and Wittur (later on) for door operators instead of GAL like the little companies, which came with the own door panel design with study feet (gibs) as opposed to that horrible EPCO and Nylube crap used by the little companies, and better yet, poly door rollers as opposed to those crappy noisy nylon duds from GAL, with the felt wipers.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top