Elevator Forum

Tachometer hand hel...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tachometer hand held

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,210 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32032]
Is there an affordable hand held tachometer.. I only need it to check FPM



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you just want to check FPM, download "Kleeman lift tester" on an iPhone. It's a special made app for our Industry only available on iPhone. It's very accurate, some of my jobs are 500 fpm and it's within a couple fpm of actual car speed. Of course this won't help you testing a governor, you have to ride in the cab to use the app.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It also gives you ride quality assessments for jerk and acceleration and travel in feet on a trip.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I hope that works for Androids. I will check into that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank EE. This works great. Do you use the microphone part ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No, I never tried the noise feature till you just mentioned it. It might come in handy too. I'd be scared to see how loud some of them MRL tank in shaft hydros are. Who knows I might try seeing how loud my bow is or the air compressor.

I do use the email feature too. If I call my office and say a car is riding good, they believe me. But now I can send a report with quantifiable information. It can either show an improvement after adjustment or simply that the ride is good already, and not soley based off of my word/experience. It can help alot dealing with those "special customers"...



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top