Elevator Forum

TAC50 no CAN commun...
 
Notifications
Clear all

TAC50 no CAN communication

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,392 Views
(@Alpha1G)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34412]
Car Fault 1525
CAN channel 2 did not receive a message for 60 seconds.

When I run a DCN command is shows no data received from the CN0: CNA_COP1 board or the CN:1 CONTRLR1 board. Then when I run a TECCV it displays that all the ports on CN0 and CN1 failed to respond. I have no communication from the CAN board in the controller to the CAN board in the COP. I verified power on both these boards and reset them. Tried a TECC command to re-teach and verify but no luck. They are just flat out not talking to each other. The prints are only getting me so far, unfortunately I do not have a TAC50 controller Manuel, learning how this thing communicates on the fly.

How can I locate what is causing this? And or how can I determine if one of these boards is bad?

Any help would very much be appreciated, thank you.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Read DC voltage from CAN high to ground and CAN low to ground. A good CAN bus should read about 2.5vdc on the high and slightly less on the low and the voltage should be fluctuating. If either is very far off from that unplug one board at a time until it looks good then replace that board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alpha1G)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok, I’ll try that first thing in the morning.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alpha1G)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I found a spare CNA board in the machine room. Who know if it’s good or not. I swapped it out with the board on the controller and now I have restored communication and the unit is running. However now I do not have any hall Gongs, PI’s or lobby PI. After a TECCV it responds with all the CN0 ports are working now but CN1: 1-5 and 11 still failed to respond.

Last edited by Alpha1G; 12/28/22 05:00 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you do a TECC?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alpha1G)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes I did, a few times. Also the communication led dose not flash accordingly compared to the unit next to it. I took the board I replaced and sent it off to access electronics to have repaired. Hopefully when I swap it back it fixes the issue.

Last edited by Alpha1G; 12/29/22 12:35 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top