Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac50 door issue

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,646 Views
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35557]
I have a Tac50 with HD-11 door operators with 6300ABN3 door boards, it’s front and rear opening, both sides are opening 3/4 to fully opening and immediately reversing closed, I’ve relearned the doors checked the parameters, swapped the front and rear boards, still having the same issue, it’s was late in the day, it runs, but both doors are acting up, I don’t know if it could be something in the controller causing this problem, haven’t made it up there yet, mondays a new day, any input would help, thanks guys



   
Quote
(@Vatorfixer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Since it’s happening on both doors I think I would look at OD,and ODR to make sure it has enough time for a full travel. Those relays in the controller are a weak spot. I think that it counts encoder pulses from the limit that it’s leaving. If it doesn’t see the limits correctly it can’t count correctly. I know that I’ve been fooled before by the limit magnets with broken clamps or misaligned. Also with it happening on both sides I would want to check the supply voltages at the operator to make sure it’s sufficient.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is pretty normal on a TAC50 if they’re running manual speed but you didn’t say that so I assumed they’re running full speed. For the slow doors not reaching the limit you want to max out the door watchdog time. You can’t make it very long on those, like 25 seconds. And increase manual speeds enough that it can easily get limit to limit in that time. For some reason those door operators always want a slow speed soft learn when power is cycled. But when that happens you can do a learn trip from the door operator and it’ll be fine so don’t know if this relates to your issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The doors are running high speed, not trying to do a learn run, but on the laptop it immediately says door disconnect, so it opens 3/4 and then closes, then tries again, and then closes and takes off never reaches the limit, and it’ll sweep floors and try to open and then just stop because the doors fault out, it’s just weird because both sides are doing the exact same thing, trying to find a common denominator for both doors,



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
And the doors open fine on independent service



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What’s DOP set to?



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
5 sec



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I exceeded the DOP parameters out to 10sec, everything is working normal, thanks for the help, I have no idea what changed or how, thanks again



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Still pretty low though. Like I said, I max the open and close watchdog timers out on those. One maxes at 20 and the other at 25.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top