Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC32 Modernization

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
16.5 K Views
(@Rick44)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7891]
Looking for some help. We have a customer who has a TAC32 Mod controller and would like to duplex this controller with an old Otis. Does anyone know who would make a controller that would interface with the TAC32? Someone told me that Vertec makes this controller for Thyssen. I have been trying to search the web for Vertec but I am not sure if I have the correct spelling of Vertec.



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vertex? Vertical Express?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rick44)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks I will try them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GearJammer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Old Otis with a serial controller? Doubtful



   
ReplyQuote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It can be done
External I/O expansion cards

Dispatching will be fubar



   
ReplyQuote
(@GearJammer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Postal
It can be done
External I/O expansion cards

Dispatching will be fubar

Yes...it can be done with expansion boards I agree, but what a waste of money and time! Cutting into those circuits will create a nightmare from day one. I wouldn't do it. Its the cheap way out and not the best....In my opinion 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anything can be done with a few relays and some electrical skill set. I actually enjoy doing these type of projects. Its like doing a mod and keeping the group somewhat together. Of course the duplexing won't be perfect but thats something you let the customer know from the get.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I realize this does not really apply to this post, but had a long day on a TAC32. The hall calls quit working, and had wired faults pop up. Door locks, hate switch, spun my wheels going through door op, interlocks, etc. ended up in the start up wizard on the UIT, relearned the CAN nodes, verified them....no luck....did it again, and went to the end of the menu....make sure that you write to flash!! Then they worked fine. I had a low RAM memory battery fault, replaced the battery, crossing my fingers. Unit is about 2 years old, this is the first problem. Could the low battery have caused this? I got lucky and TK left all manuals, memory stick, etc. with the unit. Talked to a TK guy that I used to work with, he says that the TAC32 has major software issues on the newer units......any thoughts



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think the DMC was god and we should still install them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm dealing with software issues on 2 different tac 50-04 jobs. Can't wait until we get some tac 32's to work on



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top