Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac22 HD Door Board

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,555 Views
(@Knoxville18)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32938]
We recently had a Tac22 take on water and it fried the 6300PY3 board in the HD-03 operator. We tried Replacing with a known good PY2 board but now we can't get the doors to speed up in the open. Our IMS doesn't communicate directly to the door operator and we tried through door diagnostics but the speed profile did not change. I would like to replace this PY board with the Universal PA6 board and add a UIT but I am having problems getting the MDO and MDC to function properly. The PY boards have EEPROMS for software and the PA board has flash memory. I read that the proper software file must be loaded to work properly. I would like to be able to get the board update to work but when I wire and power everything up, the operator fires the doors open fast with MDO and it opens slow with MDC.I have followed all the system and door settings but I can't get it to open and close properly. If I can't manually open and close properly, then I can't perform a learn. I need a bit of direction on what I should do.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
PY2 board is for a DMC. It’s not just an older version. You need a PY3

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 04/13/22 07:10 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Knoxville18)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok, so a PY3 will work with a Tac22 but not a PY2. Is it possible to replace PY3 with a Universal PA6 board?



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just call verticalxpress, and ask and buy a board from them, they do all the TK boards, and if you need support after you install it, you can call TK tech support, since you buy it from them that’s why you can get TK support, without working for TK



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You could but it would be a lot easier to replace it with a PY3 board. Oh and don’t get a PY4 either, that’s the new version of the PY2 for a DMC. The PY3 is the newest version for the TAC20. To use a PA6 board you’d have to order all 5 screw terminal plugs for it, a digital encoder, delete the rectifier, and change D12/13 from 1 to 8 in the controller.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes, get a PY3, that’s the same board you took out so it’s a TAC20 #1 controller, because there is also a #2 and #3 controller, but they have different boards in the operator, I would still go verticalxpress, just so you have the backup of tech support



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve never heard of a #1, #2, #3 TAC20 controllers



   
ReplyQuote
(@Knoxville18)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the info. Thats Gold. I did have a PY4 as well and planned on using it on a tac20 thats down right now. I want to change to a PA6 because I have so many more in stock and it is so much more available. I didn't realize the encoder was different. That would make sense. Thanks Indirtwetrust, you're a good man Charlie Brown!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top