Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 50 question

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,997 Views
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1876]
Is there any issues when replacing a DSP card on an existing job with a newer one. Vertex sent me a much newer version of a DSP card other than what I had. The problem I am having is the inability for the unit to successfully complete a backup scan due to failure of the ETS system. I have replaced the NTS/ ETS optical switch on the car and everything seems to work fine if I am watching the I/O utility. The unit will sometimes fail in the up direction sometimes in the down direction. I have tried slowing the car down as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
 Jim
(@Jim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what errors are you getting when trying to perform the backup scan? Have you tried to manually set up the NTSD and ETSL/D systems? Sounds like your terminal checkpoint values are outta whack.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I got it. It was a combination of problems. We had a DSP card that had been worked on by Access Electronics a few times as I found out later. It was bad and did all sorts of weird things. I was able to properly setup the new DSP card in another unit so I was down to a PMI 1 card which as it turns out is bad. So the unit is now running very well. I just get nervous when the new board looks nothing like the old board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@AMADF)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a problem with a bank of Dover T4's. I have constant Motion Fault errors. Any idea what could be wrong>



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Having motion errors is a very vague description. There could be numerous reasons why your units are getting motion errors. You will need to have somebody pull up the error codes to get an idea of what the problems are.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top