Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
06/08/2016 8:56 pm
The company I work for has recently picked up a contract with some tac 50 04's. Some of the UIT'S are disabled? The screens work and they display the cars direction, speed, and wether or not it's in the door zone buy the 4 buttons don't work. Is there a trick to enable these. I'm pretty sure I'll have to have the new version of IMS to do this and I'm working on getting that now from a company suggested on thus site. Once I get it is there a parameter like D26 that will enable the UIT.
07/08/2016 6:37 am
Please let me know if you get the updated IMS. We have not had any luck with it yet. Can not help you on the enabling of the UIT. Hopefully yours does not have the accord drive. As they are not able to be repaired yet by Access or World. SEMIKRON will only sell parts to thyssen and not to anybody else for this product.
07/08/2016 12:53 pm
Jc,
Until you become a bit more familiar with any Thyssen TAC whatever, be certain of what commands you enter into an UIT or through IMS. D26 is not related to the UIT operation. What your saying is, on the screen, it shows Door Zone, Speed, Direction etc., but when you press the up button, or down button once, the screen doesn't prompt you for the password? It doesn't change state at all?
And yes, if the equipment is fairly recent TAC 50-04, you will have to have the latest IMS (9 pin comm cable. I think it's 9 anyway).
Until you become a bit more familiar with any Thyssen TAC whatever, be certain of what commands you enter into an UIT or through IMS. D26 is not related to the UIT operation. What your saying is, on the screen, it shows Door Zone, Speed, Direction etc., but when you press the up button, or down button once, the screen doesn't prompt you for the password? It doesn't change state at all?
And yes, if the equipment is fairly recent TAC 50-04, you will have to have the latest IMS (9 pin comm cable. I think it's 9 anyway).
Topic starter
07/08/2016 7:40 pm
I was just using D26 as an example. I've worked on many tac20s with the older version of ims and have also worked with the LON system on those as well. I've worked on a handful of tac 32's also, that don't have locked out UIT's, and have a manual for the 32's. I looked through the parameters in the 32 manual but can't find anything having to do with the UIT. I'm sure there is a parameter that will enable the UIT that isn't printed in manuals for the purpose of putting people like me in this situation.
Topic starter
07/08/2016 8:07 pm
I also think it's funny they claim their controllers are non-proprietary when they have a Uit, but then they disable the UIT on their way out the door???
07/08/2016 9:17 pm
My apologies Jc,
Your original post sounded as if you knew scant about the Thyssen stuff, hence my caution. I don't know about enabling the UIT. Hopefully someone can help.
Have a good day.
Your original post sounded as if you knew scant about the Thyssen stuff, hence my caution. I don't know about enabling the UIT. Hopefully someone can help.
Have a good day.
08/08/2016 4:55 am
I didn't know Thyssen ever claimed the TAC50-04 was "non-proprietary," even with a UIT. I think a TAC50-04 with a UIT is more of a novelty than anything else. The capability is built into the CPUA card to make the TAC32 non-proprietary. I know of only 2 jobs that came with them, both some of the first 32 bit MODs, and only half of those ever worked.
But if you get the UITs to work or not you will need 32 bit IMS to keep those cars running, either the standard CPUA version (9 pin) or the Ethernet. I don't think the 16 bit CPUs had a plug for a UIT but the easiest way to identify a 32 bit CPUA card is the USB and RJ-45 plugs on the top.
08/08/2016 5:22 am
The TAC50-04 and for that matter any of the Tac stuff can be considered "non-propitiatory" if the job was ordered with owners IMS which will only work on the equipment it was ordered for. If anyone tries to use it on any other job the program will no longer work without a site key. The building owner could probably buy it after the fact from TKE, but my guess is it wouldn't be cost effective.
Topic starter
08/08/2016 6:08 am
The building has IMS but it is only for the owners to monitor and change security locked out floors. And yes I'm probably wrong about the non-proprietary claim. One of these units does have a UIT that works just like one on a tac32 where you have to enter 1234144 for the pin. The first time I went to this site this unit was down due to door disconnect, I had to change D26 to 0 and then WRT. I was lucky this wasn't the situation on the units with disabled UIT's. I do have the new version of ims installed on a laptop with Windows XP. The company I got it from emailed me the temporary site key yesterday. I'll be trying it out monday morning and let yall know if it works. After a week's free trial I have to by an unlimited site key for 1500 which is actually a good price if it works.
08/08/2016 9:43 am
I find this sort of thing amusing. As you claim all the UITs don't work, then you post the not so uber secret password on open forums. And you have the audacity to wonder why TKE would ever want to make it harderish kinda? Try taking the thumb drive, reading the manual, then get back to the forums with a real question that I will be thrilled to answer.
BTW the most common reason a UIT is inoperative is because it was swapped, or software was swapped. They are job specific so companies couldn't simply remove the UIT and take it as a service tool. I know, really weird TKE would have to worry about that sorta thing huh? Been with them for 16 years now and I do not know of any IMS parameter changes that can enable the UIT. Try reloading software but chances are these units got swapped at some point,
Last edited by Silly; 08/08/16 01:45 AM.
Topic starter
08/08/2016 10:51 am
Sorry about the wording earlier, 1 uit works the other 3 dont. Thanks for the info that there probably isn't a parameter that disables the uit. If they were swapped then it was done by tk. Hopefully not intentionally because I know a lot of tk guys and they are great guys and I don't think they would maliciously do something like that just because they lost a contract. I've fixed problems before by reading the manual and reloading software on tac 32's. This was easy because I was trained by tk on how to do this year's ago when the 32's just came out. It was not possible to try this the other day because all the backup thumb drives had been removed from the job before we took over. My question now would be if I make backup thumb drives with the existing software and try to reload will I just be replacing corrupt software with corrupt software?
08/08/2016 2:27 pm
Not corrupt, just wrong. I would make new backups, I mean heck, the units run as is and that isn't always an easy thing to get to. It's part of the embedded junk that you use the configurator for. The UIT are individually passworded. Might be just swapped with units on the job, or if the board was replaced.
Topic starter
09/08/2016 9:01 pm
I just hooked up to a tac 50 04 with the new version of ims from liftware.ir and it works great
20/08/2016 4:35 pm
What are you using for a cable?
Does it work on the Linnier operator?
Does it work on the Linnier operator?
21/08/2016 2:14 am
Should be a straight through DB9 cable unless you don't have a serial port and need a USB adapter. You can't plug in to the door operators directly, you have to plu in to the CPUA card. The TAC 32 hydros do have a 9 pin in the COP and the door operator that you can use IMS through although I have had problems using both of them.
Page 1 / 2
Next