Elevator Forum

Tac 32 SE Mis Firin...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac 32 SE Mis Firing

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,396 Views
(@spittman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22861]
Hey everyone. Working on a Tac32. SE is mis firing. I’ve replaced the transmitter, haven’t replaced receiver. I’ve replaced the SE transmitter board. My Safety edge works correctly. Beam breaks and makes when it’s crossed. My problem is. My laptop IMS shows the beam to be picked when the curtain is operating correctly. From what it appears. Now the doors will open then stay open. When a car call is pressed. Car runs to two. Doors open. Then stay open. Until the beam breaks. Then They will close. Do I have a bad input. And if so is it at the IOD board, Could the door board do this ?

Thanks in advance to all everyone.

Spittman



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of door operator? Is it a mod with the big black Smart tech 2 box? What kind of detector? If it’s Cedes, which power supply/ controller did they use?



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a similar issue with a Cedes edge recently. The DC return wire was crimped on the insulation inside the connector. I could duplicate my problem by removing the return from the Cedes power connector.



   
ReplyQuote
(@spittman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
its TK linear door operator, I don't recall seeing a Smart Tech box...not familiar with it. It is a Cedes edge, the edge plugs into a TK 1.5'' x 1.5'' SE board to the bottom right of the door operator board. Power is coming from a terminal strip below the door operator board. SE1-A, P24, G24, I have not tried removing return (newmech)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The input is serial from the door board to the CPU so it’s not going to be the IOD. You can read the input at the door board. If it’s good there replace the door board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@spittman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Dirt, I’m good I swap the door board tomorrow morning. I looked at prints today. I see SE-b I believe it was going to SE on the door board. I appreciate the help. I will let you know if it fixes it tomorrow. Thanks for the help everyone.

spittman



   
ReplyQuote
(@CinciElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The way i'm understanding your description sound like se is in wrong state, perhaps someone clicked or injected the i/o?
Can't you right click on the i/o and reverse logic? If all is as you say and light rays and board are good and you see I/o changing state then I would check that.
When you unplug the eyes does the problem stay the same? Is it going into nudging? Need alittle more info, if those are the light sticks I'm thinking if they way about an 1/8th inch cable that can break very easy, and the small board they sent in a lot of those operators that the eyes plug into I have had to replace a few times.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don’t think there is an actual I/O in the I/O map for the SE input. DOL or DCL either.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CinciElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Gotcha wasn't sure been awhile since I been in front of ims, how are you seeing the beam to be pick on ims?
Something just sounds backwards, contact wiring, factory wiring ', or I/o state. Again need more info. I wouldn't think a door card would be culprit. Let us know what you find! Be safe



   
ReplyQuote
(@spittman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey everyone. Sorry been away with some family things. I’ll check and find out where this left off and what the status and fix was.

Thanks
spittman



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top