Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/02/2020 5:03 am
Have any of you seen a problem on the CWIL board that causes pin 6 on the U13 chip to burn out? I have replaced the CWIL board now three times. The last time I replaced the S24-1 and S24-3 boards also. The board will last about a week or so then has an SPI Loop error fault, and we find the burnt chip.
18/02/2020 10:57 am
Pin 6 is P24M. Only thing I could think is you’re somehow getting 120vac on P24M. Could be from quite a few places. Goes to door board, buzzer, car light/fan relay, access switch, car top inspect switch, lanterns, SPI loop, & selector. U13 is the only chip on the CWIL that’s connected directly to P24M.
Topic starter
18/02/2020 10:48 pm
Thank you. I will check and see if I cant get it to show up before i replace again. I'm also going to check the 24 volt power supply.
19/02/2020 4:33 am
Ya, maybe if it had way too much AC on it. Good one though! Keep posted
Topic starter
09/04/2020 11:28 pm
In case someone else has this issue. I put a power monitor on the incoming power to make sure I was not getting a surge or something bad on the incoming power. As suspected it did not show anything abnormal. Out of desperation cut all the wire ties in and around the COP. I found several wires that had been pinched under the wire ties so hard that you could see the bare wire. Ever since we have had no issues.
10/04/2020 2:09 am
What power monitor did you use?
10/04/2020 7:46 am
Wow, good find Randy.
Montana
Topic starter
21/04/2020 2:00 am
I used a Fluke 1750. It is a great tool, and the storage capacity is good for anything you would ever want.
21/04/2020 6:20 am
Wow! That’s a hell of a nice tool. Your company must like you a lot more than mine likes me.