Elevator Forum

Tac 20 (single pist...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20 (single piston) Security

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,478 Views
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16041]
Hope everyone is doing good,

About 2 weeks ago I was working on a TAC 20 in Brooklyn, when I hooked up my computer I found faults for memory corruption and what not. Long story short I reloaded the job parameters, but now the security system is NOT working. They have key pads in the hall that, and once the client types in their code allow them to access there floor. I have a feeling that I need to adjust the parameters in the software for the security system, but every time I make a change the elevator will turn off.

Has anyone ever worked on a TAC 20 security system?



   
Quote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Never had one turn off when I made a change in IMS. Are you changing CSW's?



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Only changes I am making is in the "Smart Fast" so like (s10,s11,s12...) and in the group (CS4,0CS4,1)....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you reload your I/O map for car or group when you reloaded the job .cfg? The original may not have had security I/Os on it, yet your laptop has that image, so you can "see" them, yet your CPUA does not. Simple reload of car and group image on IMS should see if this is an issue.

Next, when changing security parameters the elevator must be turned off before it takes hold. Each time you change the type, cycle power, then try and test the reader.

Iet me know if you need something more in depth, and I will try and find a TAC 20 nearby to assist.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
To reload the job I use the floppy disk for the site, push the RST & UDL on the 188e board then loaded each file individually. I didn't know I had to cycle the power, ill try that to.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No, I mean reloading the job image on IMS. Basically the I/O layout can be altered. So, let's say this was not ordered with security from factory, and you wished to add it. You are able, through IMS, to add these lockouts. FLO1 being floor 1 over ride, CL2 being a car side lockout for 2 nd floor car call, etc.

Very common in our area to field add these, and not everyone has floppy drives anymore so very understandable that the backup .cfg doesn't have them saved. If you are trying to do this without IMS, good luck. May want to call a TKE buddy and bribe him with a coffee...



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have IMS and already had a buddy of mine for TKE come over to the job, with NO luck. It wasn't ordered with security floors for the car, it was added on after.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top