Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20 questions

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,814 Views
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9772]
I was recently asked to assist another elevator company on a Tac 20 problem. In the process of adding a soft starter they had made a wiring mistake that cooked the 188E board. They bought a new board from Vertex. Of course the board came as a generic board with virtually nothing installed. So given that they didn't have IMS much less a LONSTALK adapter, they were screwed.
I was able to obtain the original generic files and rebuilt the LON tree. The unit in question was installed around 2000.
Anyhow, the problem I am having is the car will run high speed and accept car calls BUT ... I cannot get the damn thing off of door disconnect. D26 flag is set to 0. I have tried toggling this to no avail. I am wondering if the problem comes down to a version issue with the 188E board.
Obviously, there have been several code changes over a 13 yr period. I was able to get the original carEEprom.dat file off the old board so I am pretty sure everything matches up. All the parameters I looked at matched the job conditions and the original floor count is right on. Do any of you guys know what I am missing?



   
Quote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you getting any faults and you probably don't have door communication do you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No faults.. I haven't been back there in awhile since it is just a job I was asked to assist on. The company trying to replace the 188E board didn't have access to tools. My suggestion was to get the old board repaired since the damage was not into the logic and software. Originally I had tried some other newer generic files and the unit would immediately go on fire service with B44 errors listed. The doors did work at least to the extent that they opened on phase 1 fire service. The problem was that this job was really put in before most of the required B44 back checking contacts were used. As i have found out there is nothing really generic about Thyssen's generic files other than the names.
So a friend got me the original generic files. This got the car running. The only problem was that the unit stays stuck on door disconnect regardless of the status of D26.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top