A high water alarm would be intelligent.
I'm not sure where we stand on the billing/work completed, the elevator is in service though. Apparently there was a rust issue before the flooding event, need to get some more info from Thyssen on the timeline.
Thyssen has access to our maintenance personal they just failed to notify use in a timely fashion until significant damage was done.
Aside: Do you really use jack stands 4 stories high? Or is there some other mechanical method to secure the car?
Exactly.
Don't you guys just love it that not only are you responsible for every part on the elevator, regardless of age, but some building owners want you to responsible for acts of nature, vandalism, the list goes on and on.
I do agree with SBR that the elevator should have immediately been locked out and the ball thrown in our court. I would have been more then happy to have that scenario go down. It would have been safer for everyone and the problem could have been headed off before catastrophic levels of water pooled. I'm sure you techs love jumping into electrified pools of water!
Anyway, I am not here to bitch to you guys. I am here to listen to what people like SBR are saying because I don't know what would have been an appropriate course of action, but SBR's comments are telling me that what did go down was definitely not it.
It's funny that I work under and around hydraulically suspended loads all day... I guess the difference is the confined space.
Is the pit technically considered a confined space? And needs all those confined space treatments?
Here is a link for you.
http://www.neii.org/pdf/OSHA%20Confined%20Spaces%20Regulations.pdf
That depends. At certain plants they are. It depends on whats manufactured/tested onsite... Chemical plants for example...