Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20 1083

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,575 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36122]
Hi everyone. Got a Tac 20 that shutdown on a 1083
(bad recall of non voluntary memory). Any tips on this problem ?

Also after the 1083 on top of fault list is a 1122
(Slowdown before sensors)

Also I saw it with a 1068 after the 1083 another time it happened

Last edited by Jluff; 10/17/23 05:11 PM.


   
Quote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try a GET & then WRT in IMS and cycle power.
Also check 3V battery.
Try to reload SW.
If not of that works most likely defective 188e board.
The other other 2 faults are both related to jack resync. I would address the 1083 fault first.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This happened again a few times looks like defective 188e board . Does anyone have procedures on how to change the 188e board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Do you guys change Tac 20 cpu battery with power off? I have heard of people doing it both ways. But have heard changing it with power on can cause problems



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Power off



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Vertical Express Will not sell Tac 20 Lon 188e boards . That’s rough



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Virginia controls will sell you an entire controller.... I cant stand rewarding companies not doing proper business with continued business.

Do you have a VE icon you can use the Job number from to order it for a VE car? That's assuming they'd sell it for an Icon. Are they out of the boards or just not selling them to anyone except TK? Come to think of it, I think the mechanic on the route next to mine mentioned he ordered a 188e board months ago and I don't recall him ever talking about going back to that job. We might still be trying to get one too. I'll have to ask him.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They are not selling them to anyone but local tke offices. All Lon configuration controllers

EE
virgina controls will sell me a controller that will be compatible with all the tke equipment, Door controller , fixtures ?

Last edited by Jluff; 12/01/23 09:37 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No, I don't think anyone sells anything directly compatible with the LON fixtures and door operator. I meant more if they are cutting off support, I would rather replace it with a non proprietary controller of your choice, chop that operator off and mount a MOVFR and an interface products selector and be done with it. Innovation makes direct replacement fixtures as does MAD I believe. Ive done a few mods like that. Or you could just do new buttons with the contact blocks with screw terminals. I mean at this point you are talking a MOD but unfortunately that's the position TK is putting the customer in. I know me personally if I was the customer I wouldn't want to spend a dime towards keeping the same control system and risk more support being lost in the future.



   
ReplyQuote
(@RyeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Jluff
Vertical Express Will not sell Tac 20 Lon 188e boards . That’s rough

I was waiting to hear back from VE after their price list had a note that was N/A to 188E LON boards... Brutal !!

Mind you the Non Lon boards had potentially 6 month lead time so maybe thats why they aren't mentioning anything with the 188E w/ LON



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top