Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
26/06/2013 12:29 am
Can somebody help with an easier way to set the doors on a T-K?
The door will relax enough to come off of DCL. I have the original instructions from Dover but they do not seem to help in this case.
The door will relax enough to come off of DCL. I have the original instructions from Dover but they do not seem to help in this case.
We run into this problem from time to time. There has got to be something that we are overlooking or doing wrong.
26/06/2013 1:32 am
Does it have the tomahawk style door restrictor?
Topic starter
26/06/2013 4:54 am
It has the folding restrictor. We have also removed the cam that pulls back the back vane of the clutch. It still relaxes.
26/06/2013 5:43 am
Replace all the door belts.
28/06/2013 10:12 am
THE HARMONICS MAY BE OFF....NEED TO BE STRAIGHT ARMED TO KEEP FROM DRIFTING OFF LIMIT.
29/06/2013 8:42 am
What problem is the doors relaxing causing. When the car goes to run it puts power on the doors and holds them close. Are you getting GL1 and GL faults?
Last edited by sbrmilitia; 06/29/13 12:42 AM. Reason: I spell like a 3 year old
29/06/2013 10:00 pm
Think about it is right on!
30/06/2013 11:33 pm
I had a side opening freight car that did that. Some Dover guys said it probably needed to be adjusted. A coworker talked me into replacing the belts (the were worn pretty bad) and problem solved. Not saying that's for sure it, is it adjusted correctly?
Topic starter
01/07/2013 6:54 pm
The problems have been with the adjustments. It takes a lot of adjusting and re-adjusting before we get it right. I was hoping somebody had an easier way, it feels like we are spinning our wheels.
02/07/2013 8:56 am
easy isn't in the TKs vocab. What really stinks is when my fast tool quits working im done, ITS don't fix em anymore and cant order new ones. Our PDAs are junk but I guess I better learn how to use it on a DMC soon anyday could be my fast tools last day.
07/07/2013 12:22 am
Well if its wont fix it, then I would consider it mine and send it off and have it fixed by someone that can bypass logon counter and then you will have a valuable tool that's yours. Just saying. Oh and pda's suck ass except for working on miprom. Peace
Topic starter
17/07/2013 4:55 am
Think about it was right, as Dan said. We looked at one that the big boys still had on contract and saw the straight arm that was referred to. We then backed into the adjustment to get it resolved. Thanks for the input. It is amazing how good the Dover operator works.
Last edited by solidstate; 07/16/13 08:57 PM.