Elevator Forum

Switft Futura ##ini...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Switft Futura ##init/Fire Service Issue

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,757 Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#10784]
My old apprentice(once he passed his test I agreed to go on a more difficult route if the boss set him up in my position) is having a issue with a Swift Futura. When the car is called down on phase one, it reaches the bottom floor opens the door and then goes ##init. Throws are 21 fault. All the fire service modules are located on its own SMI board. I had him change the SMIC, cable from the link to SMIC. I set up a frame capture for him on the 21 when he went to watch it the playback goes crazy and is no help. Neither the SMIC or the cable worked. I had him order a new SPU. The SPU-link is new. When he types the GET command everything comes back ok. I really dont have any other suggestions for him to try. So any help would be appricated.

Last edited by sbrmilitia; 05/23/14 02:40 AM.


   
Quote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Where the hell did that swift5000expert go? I posted this hoping he would see it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My thoughts exactly. What's a 21 fault?

Last edited by elmcannic; 05/29/14 03:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Without looking at the fault sheet I cant remember the exact verbiage. Its either a EEPROM read/Write or a parameter out of adjustment. Its the common fault when it goes ##init. If you can get a frame capture you usually see a SMIC communication board from Green to Red. It catches a frame capture but the play back is useless it just goes nuts and skips all the important frames. I'm leaning towards a SPU.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This seems to be problem on some Futura controllers. I have the same issue on one job minus the Fire service condition. Many times you will walk into the MR and find a car shut down on a 21 error which usually indicates just as sbrmilitia stated. If you type in a CMC command it will show everything communicating. If you type in a GET command it shows up as OK. We have changed out the SPU power supplies which seemed to be CEC's fix for the problem. In a few cases I have replaced the SPU board itself due to faulty eeproms causing the problem. Of course now with CEC being out of business this is even tougher. This job is about 10 years old and it did seem like CEC had some software problems about the time the code was undergoing pretty severe changes early in 2000.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
CEC is in business just got to go thru ITS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MILTRONICS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If ITS is not able to help in any situation, please feel free to contact Issa Lwaysi from Miltronics Inc. @ (917) - 417 - 7389. We provide service and support for all CEC related equipment.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top