Elevator Forum

Swift Futura DZ tro...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Swift Futura DZ troubles

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.3 K Views
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#27282]
I was working on a shutdown today that occurred during a full load safety test. I found the following components failed:

Car top power supply
EPU-Link board
SMI TOC
CPT
Blown fuses on both PIs
Blown fuses on both EPUs in COP

I suspect that a jumper was incorrectly placed during testing. Surprisingly there were enough spare parts on the job to get the car running on automatic. There is one outstanding issue, no automatic door operation. The car runs fine on automatic and stops level at all floors, but the doors do not open. When stopping at the floor, DZ and DZ1 pick and immediately drop. I have tried swapping the DZ module on the car top and the DZ module in the controller with spare modules. I have also tried swapping LVE and LVE1 modules with spares. Both the DZ module on the car top and the controller light up when floor level, but I cannot get my door zone relays to stay energized. I ran out of time today and will be returning Monday. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Car runs fine, but no doors, and no DZ faults? By chance are the doors switched off? Are there pico fuses on the Link Board that might be blown?
I take it there is no CRT with the Wizard program.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No blown fuses

Doors are not switched off

We have an RVU and the Wizard program

The controller and RVU are about 30 feet away from each other, I was watching the controller for a few minutes while he was sending calls. I will be back on Monday to check the logs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes it definatly sounds like they jumped the wrong circuit. FLV and FL are different and if you jump those you will burn up a whole bunch of boards. I can check around for a print to see the DZ circuits again. Are the UFLZ DFLZ etc coming on as well? There should be boxes that say at floor level besides the DZ modules on the CPT



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The RVU display should tell a lot. One last shot on the doors....on the SPU Link Board, lower left hand corner is that double push toggle switch. First push takes the car out of the group (single flash red), second push disconnects doors (double flash) or maybe it’s the opposite. Whereas the “DOOR I/O” knob removes door power IIRC. Just trying to eliminate the small things. I think it’s Error 104 for “DZ not on when expected”.

Hope you get it figured out soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Resolved

Found bent pins on a telephone jack connection on the CPT, specifically UFLZ. It looks like if I don't get UFLZ and DFLZ, I also don't get LVE and LVE1 which pick the DZ relays.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
UFLZ DFLZ and MLZ all need to be up to get at floor level from CPT. You need FLV Im pretty sure to get DZ



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So, with all the stuff you listed in your first post that went wrong...you had bent pins on top of that? Wow....good find.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robotech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i am having a swift futura problem. What is happening is intermittently. And only on the lobby level. But sometimes it just Re levels and re levels till the drive faults. If I hear it start to do it. I can put on inspection and back to auto. No more Re level. No problem



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Robo-

I responded to your new thread on this issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MILTRONICS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Please feel free to contact Issa Lwaysi from Miltronics Inc. @ (917) - 417 - 7389. We provide FREE Tech support for all CEC swift 5000, Futura, & Merida related equipment.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top