Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

soft starts

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,042 Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8729]
Anyone been using sprecher -schuh soft starts. Just wondering your thoughts on these compared to siemens



   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have them on several units of ours. The oldest I think is 4 years old. Have not had any problems yet. They do look cheap compared to the siemens.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah, I agree, S&S seems to be more reliable than Siemens. Was told that the Siemens was not really designed for hydro elevator use, have replaced 4-5 Siemens this year, they seem to be good for a few years depending on usage.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I will take an S&S any day. Never had one fail and if you find the right supplier they are less expensive. The other thing I like is their physical size is much smaller than Siemens. So mounting them in a tight controller like an LRV or a Vertitron is lot easier, plus the soft start and fault contactor can be separated and mounted on din rail. With Siemens I think in my area we have lost close to 80 in the last 4 years.



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Has anyone ever tried changing over a siemens to a s&s



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Here is a couple videos on Vertitron doing them:

http://youtu.be/1TsP7B2sEcI

http://youtu.be/xOzo2G8L16c



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well its nice they dumbed it down by adding the same connector as the siemens. The s&s doesn't normally come with that connector so you will have to do a little wiring, but it ain't no thing just control pwr run input and up to speed.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top