Elevator Forum

Smartrise & Vertitr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smartrise & Vertitron(VMI) Hydraulic Controllers

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.5 K Views
(@Platestealer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8435]
What are people's experience with smartrise controllers? How do they compare to motion control or elevator controls?

Also, has anyone had any experience with vertitron midwest inc. controllers?



   
Quote
(@Elevated)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have 5 vertitron controllers on my route. No controller related issues except Siemens soft start control boards going and that's a Siemens problem.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Platestealer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
How would you rate/compare vertitron to smartrise?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevated)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have no personal experience with smartrise.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mustang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise is a ok controller uses less wire in the hoistway very similar to the new elevator controls pixel from what I have heard its all software base I prefer the older style elevator controls I'm not familiar with vertitron



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a vertitron on my route. Good running unit, only problems I had was the sensors in the selector box go bad and relays. Motion Control Performa hydros are some of the best equipment I have ever installed and maintained. I still stand behind swift as the best non-proprietary equipment on the market. I have had over 100+ units swift units on my first few resident jobs. Traction and Hyrdo both solid units. The recorder on the wizard program makes troubleshooting a intermittent problem easy. Set the error to catch the frames cycle the car and go on with your business no more having to babysit a car. If I was a building owner I wouldn't allow anything but swift to be installed in my building.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorguy619)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They are pretty good I think they have a great concept going. I am not a fan of Vertitron.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tower)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have put in all three controls, the best by far is Smartrise ! MCE product is OK, support does not exist. And the pixel is fairly new a lot of software issues, not reliable.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top