Elevator Forum

Smartrise V2 Tracti...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smartrise V2 Traction Issue

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,950 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35530]
I’m having a very intermittent problem with the car faulting out on a safety fault (F6) but have physically checked all safety devices as well as replaced the IO board and relays twice. Smartrise has not provided much help saying it is difficult troubleshoot such an intermittent issue. I have spent many hours on site running the elevator for hours with out it shutting down once. It a very odd issue and I think it might software related. Thanks



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have one doing the same thing. Randomly stopping between floors. In either direction, any speed, any point in the hoistway. Will sit between floors for 30 seconds then take off again and run fine for hours or many days. Customer never calls it in, I've seen it happen being on another car doing PM and I check the fault log to see if it's still happening. Extra info A-M-3-0. Might run a week without it happening, might happen 6 times in one day.

I've moved SRU board inputs, replaced lock board (to updated version), replaced all the force guided relays, replaced the hookbill beak and door lock contacts in every lock, replaced gate switch contacts, adjusted clutch to pickup roller distance way big, replaced E brake pick switch, had rewired B and B2 contactors (to have contacts in parallel not series), swapped pick relay with the other car, swapped travel cable wires for safety string to spares.

Today I replaced the B and B2 contactors with brand new ones and also replaced the B2 contactor's aux contact and both aux contacts on the M contactor with new ones. We'll see how it goes.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have to check my log book. I think I may have replaced the MR SRU board too



   
ReplyQuote
(@liftronic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have heard from a former Smartrise engineer that the hardware design of the SRU board has some known flaws that make it overly sensitive to noise and slight increases in ambient and board temperature. These issues cause certain signals to change state in the circuit boards, leading to most of the intermittent problems experienced with Smartrise controllers. Unfortunately, there is currently no known fix for these issues.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex_ELMAN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think that could explain why we get more of these intermittent safety faults in hot days.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah so the two B contactors and all the aux contacts weren't it either. Darn thing had stopped between floors twice in the last 24 hours.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Man I’d put a data logger on it or at least set a couple traps in the safety circuit



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had 2 problems with one smartrise doing this, the first was a loose wire on the car top SRU board, the 2nd was the traveling cable was hitting building steel, if that helps



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Update: I’ve never seen an elevator wired into a typical electric panel but it’s wired into a 90A breaker but has a minimum 96A rating and should really be at least 125A minimum when starting up.
Drive is HPV900 and is logging Phase loss when Controller is logging F6 Safety String. Extra bytes are 1-0 indicating potential issue with M1 contractor.
We’re going to address/correct breaker issue first and then go from there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@liftronic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@wltr00, any updates on this? Did changing the breaker fix the intermittent safety fault issue ?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top