Elevator Forum

Smartrise giving me...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,074 Views
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36702]
I keep getting an F75: Overspeed fault after I did a Learn Hoistway. How do I fix this issue?



   
Quote
(@NYCRay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm assuming traction setup? Try to increase the distance on the slowdowns.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Go through your controller and tighten all your wiring terminals. Fixed my intermittent overspeed fault.
..



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is it a traction or hydro?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Left out important information. It’s a hydro. I got my contract speed and S1 speeds to match. After doing a hoistway learn. Still goes on fault. Did a learn magnet (more of a tape reader and virtual magnets) and still goes on fault. Has been a real persistent issue. Scratching my head for more ideas. Any here?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Whats the actual car speed? Make sure your valve is adjusted properly. You may be actually overspeeding. If necessary adjust down empty below contract so down fulls a little over contract, if it's an unregulated valve.

Once your sure your actual speed is what it should be, if your still getting overspeed faults, raise your contract/s1 speed higher. Your car only goes 2 speeds. But tell the controller contract is higher so it allows it to run without tripping that fault.

I've only seen one car that I had to do this on. It was running the right speed but the selector feedback was all over the place.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Agree with EElevator on adjusting your valve. If your decel is too long and gradual you will get that overspeed fault. The controls want to see a more abrupt change in speed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
did you try calling smartrise support ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s a new install so it has warranty and they just been throwing boards at it. Yes EElevator pointed that out in a previous post. Right now contract speed/s1 and FPM is 100. Will be on site and try that Local8Elev8rman



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I got the valve adjustment down. Had to swap out a CXN board and the SRU board display has MR Inspection and won’t come off after I toggle the switch to Auto/Normal. 507 and 508 dont come on high(Inspection Inputs) and 621 stays lit even after I unplug the wire. Any ideas?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You really need to get Smartrise tech support on the phone and don't let them go till you get it figured out. It's probably a programming issue. You really have to battle with them to keep them on the phone. If only they had a better programming/setup guide. Even if you need to adjust your valve, keep them on the phone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Update: Jumped out M24 to Swinsp and had V3 on toggle switch and had to be V2 that took it off inspection. NYCRay I increase my distance on slowdowns up to 3 Ft. also changed up/down stop point, min run distance and up NTS just to fix up travel overspeed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise is like savaria, you gotta get them on the phone because If any parts are bad you gotta talk to them to get parts sent our under warranty



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top