Elevator Forum

Smart Rise Controll...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smart Rise Controllers

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,910 Views
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#28993]
Doing a little clean up in our warehouse and have 2 smart rise controllers, partially used - did a job with them, building owner had problems after completion and long story short they had us remove these brand new controllers (ran for maybe 4 months). We previously contacted smart rise about sending them back but they aren't interested. We aren't able to try and sell a package with them either and honestly just feels like a waste to scrap or toss.....Any ideas on what to do with them?
Attachments
Smart Rise 1.jpg (621.12 KB, 52 downloads)
Smart Rise 2.jpg (775.93 KB, 36 downloads)



   
Quote
(@Heathron84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just curious, what issues where you having with these installs. We've had some issues with new traction installs that we have not had in past.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There weren't actually any issues with the elevators or the installs in general.... i guess we can call it a business related relationship issue that resulted in this. Elevators actually ran good.... we don't use smart rise at all though (with the exception of this one job) which is why i figured id see if there were other uses for these rather than scraping them



   
ReplyQuote
(@JHessorz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Perhaps another elevator company that maintains or installs them would buy them? Their boards are interchangeable so i'm sure someone will have use for them. Don't expect to make a killing though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just curious, I've heard people rave about Smartrise and EC Pixel and others that say they have had nothing but problems. I'm a MCE/Hollister guy. What equipment do you usually run?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Were you able to sell them elevatorguy?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I haven't sold them yet, truth be told haven't even listed them anywhere - it's not something too pressing for our shop as they aren't really taking up much space, just saw we had them and have been thinking of what to do with them...

I've heard the same thing regarding smartrise though - people are in love with the stuff....personally I've done only 1, maybe 2 jobs with smartrise and I didn't see what all the hype is about. Ive done Pixel jobs as well and same thing - don't get me wrong they seem like good products from what experience i have had but I'm not on the love train by any means. I personally prefer Virginia controls, been doing those so long i practically know the ins and outs of them like the back of my hand, but also like MCE



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I haven't sold them yet, truth be told haven't even listed them anywhere - it's not something too pressing for our shop as they aren't really taking up much space, just saw we had them and have been thinking of what to do with them...

I've heard the same thing regarding smartrise though - people are in love with the stuff....personally I've done only 1, maybe 2 jobs with smartrise and I didn't see what all the hype is about. Ive done Pixel jobs as well and same thing - don't get me wrong they seem like good products from what experience i have had but I'm not on the love train by any means. I personally prefer Virginia controls, been doing those so long i practically know the ins and outs of them like the back of my hand, but also like MCE



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks Elevatorguy128.

Montana



   
ReplyQuote
(@Heathron84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree. My favorite units i have on service are inground, Virginia Controls with GAL door equipment.
They need very little during service and rarely if ever have issues.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top