Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Schindler MPH II

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17.8 K Views
(@bk2fla)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9921]
hello all.... I'm having an ongoing issue where at least every other day if not everyday I am finding this car shutdown on the bottom floor. almost like in LOT. for the life of me I cant figure out what is going on. I have checked all limits, doors, starter, swapped boards in controller, sensors in COP, I'm not even 100% sure it is tripping low oil. everytime we find it at the bottom floor, level with the floor, unresponsive. please help if you can!!!! I'm going insane!!! I don't have any diagnostic tools.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a problem like this on an MPH, it turned out that when the controller turned on the motor to heat the oil, it would move the car. All I did was come out on the BP sizing adjuster till the unit quit moving. As you stated it would time out a timer and look like LOT.You may also want to check the timers associated with cold and hot oil and their sensors that turn them on or off.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
tool is not that expensive, could have paid for itself with just this one call. it could be a lot of things, you need to get a tool to see what mode the car is in when it is shut down. without it, you are really are going to go insane. :} if you can't spend the 1500 bucks for the ECI Tool, you can purchase a two technology hand held unit for about 400 bucks, works just as well, just need to program the comm settings, and wire up a cable. Only problem with the cheaper tool is you have to use a cheat sheet, to access the menus, but it really is not to bad.

Last edited by Vatorgator; 02/25/14 03:18 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Kone D)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
had a problem similar to this in a nuc plant, thought I would die of radiation poisoning before I fixed it. finally changed relay board and problem went away. also check those pesky auxiliary contacts.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xyelevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
we have the Schindler door debugging tool if you need

I can give you some instructions for free



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Low Oil/AST
457T
Com Prob
Relevel Prob
Bypass set incorrectly
Oh No I'm Lost
Whew I'm Hot

You need a tool to know for sure.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bk2fla)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
thanks for all the input!!! turns out it was the cold oil turning on the motor and moving the car!! I am going to look into getting the tool. thanks a bunch guys you all were a great help



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top