Elevator Forum

Schindler 330a JNFF...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Schindler 330a JNFF status

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17 K Views
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31574]
I have an elevator stuck on this status. Fire hat on in the car. Will not reset. Have changed all boards and cables. Still will not reset. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe try to find where the JNFF input is on the car board, and try different NC or NO connections on it?

Also, have you checked your 24vdc is not dropping too low?

Last edited by heisenberg; 08/17/21 02:09 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok. I will check it. 24v is good. Sitting around 27v



   
ReplyQuote
(@ILikeElevs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Jblack83
I have an elevator stuck on this status. Fire hat on in the car. Will not reset. Have changed all boards and cables. Still will not reset. Any ideas?

I would be curious to know what "all boards" you changed?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ILikeElevs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've seen this as well as controller hung up on other different status/states and 9 times out of 10 a quick 5 min drain of the 360 cap fixes it everytime(gotta clear the RAM)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Have tried draining the cap. Did not work. Have replaced the GCI360, CRIP, CFIRE, CIOACD, CPBHNA and the cables that link the CFIRE, CPBHNA and CIOACD.
I found an old tech article from Schindler back in 2007. There was a version that was produced for about 5 months that had a programming glitch that would not allow phase 2 to reset. Most of these were found on warranty recall. However this elevator is that vintage and shortly after install the building went empty and sat dormant for a decade. A work around was moving it on inspection to a floor other than the main egress landing and releasing it. In theory according to the article it should recall on phase 1 and shut off phase 2..
We will see headed there today to try it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Nope.. Didn't work. Any other ideas anyone?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
All out of Ideas. I guess I will just have to loose the contract and have them call Schindler. Heart breaking because I may never know what the issue was.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have one that will not reset phase 1 unless key switch is reset then double reset the controller



   
ReplyQuote
 Rev1
(@Rev1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a 400a that wouldn't come off fire recall. Turned out I had a bad hall call board. Only the elevator gods know why. Got to love that Schindler product.



   
ReplyQuote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you connected Cadi to it?? To see all node statuses



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Definitely don’t rule out any of the boards you have already swapped. A significant percentage of the boards I’ve got from Schindler have been bad out of the box.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya, since you found the actual problem, I’d put all the old boards back in



   
ReplyQuote
(@King2Elev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anybody know what was the solution for the JNFF issue?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes. 2 of the CIO boards I swapped straight out of the box were bad.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top