Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Schindler 330a

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
31 K Views
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#25643]
Ast code on controller. Anti stall time. Car will not run on auto. Only inspection. What is this AST?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anti Stall Timer (MLT) probably need to do a double reboot



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Double reboot clears fault. But it keeps shutting down every day on this code. I checked leveling encoders and they look good. My up leveling looks good. Any ideas what causes this AST fault ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can it relevel fine with cold oil? Is bypass set correctly, car doesn’t creep up when trying to heat up the oil? Does it get a lot of use? Could be getting hot and opening the motor thermal OL, if it’s submersible. Or the over temp switch, top directional limit flakey or too low. What kind of starter does it have?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wonder what starts the timer? I can imagine the creep with bypass set incorrect, but would the cpu start the mlt count while cold oil heating? Ive had a bad nts slowdown cause this.. car would creep up hatch on leveling intermittently



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have two 330a's 5 stop w/ fire service on 5. Oil level sensor in tank check oil level when on top floor. That will cause AST if oil is low. Check oil bucket, or add 5 gals oil to make sure it is not that. Of coarse, the integrity of the of the system should be checked.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It relevels fine all the time. I disconnected the cold oil wiring and the car still shuts down on AST .. it does not get much use. No one ever reports getting stuck. It has contractors for start and run but start has been disconnected for years. It starts through the run contactor. It happens once or twice a day .. I always find it slightly below the bottom terminal landing .



   
ReplyQuote
(@JHessorz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im with Indirtwetrust, check the valve, specifically bypass. Ive had this problem on many different cars.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok. I finally saw it happen. My KLD drops out and releve ready comes in but contactor does not start then ast comes in. Doors open then close and FATL COMES ON SCREEN . After dble reset sync comes on screen and car levels up then back down .. the orange start relay on the main cip board is bad. When I tap on it start comes in and contactor pulls in. This relay does not come off the board. Do I have to replace the whole mother board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No. Just order relay, pull board and replace that single relay. Unless company has deep pockets for a $3g board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ok thanks philly. Should I order the relay from Adams ? If the customer wants the board replaced is it a drop in replacement or is the service tools and programming necessary ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
PMd you



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok I pulled the board and over the weekend I replaced the relay. Now I hook board back up and I have no cpu. The led screen has lines and I have no cpu lights. Only error red light on the vertical board attached to main board. What happened ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds a lot like the problem I just had on a 400A except my error LED was blinking. The software on the FLASH corrupted, had to buy new from Adams



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
A new board? The vertical board? Will Adams know software is necessary from job number ? Is there any programming involved with the new board ?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top