Thanks
Go by Walmart, get thick sewing needles, threader, and go to fishing aisle and get 65 pound test braided fishing line.
I did one belt at a time, drill 1/16" holes across the end 10 or so, a 1/8"-1/4" in from end. Butt ends of belts together or up to maybe a 1/8" gap, now sew the ends together with the braided fishing line. Now you can use the old belt to pull through the new belt with zero worries of scarring up or damaging the sheaves.
Adjusting tensions, im not sure on the 3300s If you can see Individual load cell info or not. The gen 2s all shackles are on springs. I adjusted till even tension compressed springs evenly. Felt by hand, was good as far as I can tell. Normally I would use a real tension gauge on ropes to verify each rope one at a time. Just another fun thing you can't do with belts.
The Otis belts have pretty much zero constructional stretch, I'd imagine the schindlers are the same. Verify before roping, if you stay up closer to your max cwt run by you shouldn't have to ever shorten them
The Otis documents say to use seizing wire like you do, but to wrap it with tape afterwards, they are very worried about scratching up/damaging the sheave surfaces. I use braided line because I don't have to worry about it damaging the sheave and its much more flexible, making it easier to pull through the tight bends with these small diameter sheaves.
Be very careful when pulling belts around so as to not get too much slack down at the counterweight. thats where it will get hung up and come apart of its gonna happen.
I've done alot of these over the past few years, so if you have any other questions, be sure let me know.
After the belting process is completed, the new belt data must be programmed into the LDU.
The non-proprietary thing is a load of crap. It's 100% proprietary equipment. Unless you work for Schindler, you won't have access to manuals or tools for the most part. We all know the other companies reverse engineer the controls just as Schindler does to them.
Even with me working for Schindler, its hard for me to navigate the controllers in these units because I don't do it on a regular basis.
In the beginning, we were told to tighten one belt to create slack for the others like you did. I started hanging the car just a bit after doing several the original way because I noticed that we were starting to ruin the threads on the shackles by overtightening them and never had replaclacements on hand. By lifting the car slightly, I don't put the strain on that cheap all thread used for the shackles.
The way I do it now, I don't even loosen the springs or nuts.
I pull the cotter and take the wedge itself off, remove the old belt, then screw the wedge back on and reinstall the cotter pin.
Always looking for a better and more efficient ways.