Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
21/05/2015 7:40 pm
Anyone know of any other universal safety plank manufacturers other than Hollister Whitney? Need new safeties because new cab interior far exceeds old safety capacity.
21/05/2015 8:46 pm
I believe ThyssenKrupp Northern makes there own safeties. Can I ask why Hollister wont work?
21/05/2015 9:09 pm
Ouch, what about the machine capacity- sheave shaft load? Dont forget the building structure, has an engineer ok'd everything? Any deviation of 5% or greater requires an engineering review, who's OEM?
22/05/2015 6:33 am
I agree with e331 holister makes safeties that bolt to the bottom of the old plank. If you have winding drum safeties and you add new safeties most likely your old governor will not be strong enough to Handel the new pull out requirements .just food for thought
22/05/2015 7:55 am
Is this the Otis 22CT machine you posted about in May?
If it's not, I don't envy you!
What are your thoughts of this job?
Does it look like it has trouble written all over it?
You may want to pull in the suits to figure out what else is May be under engineered.
Titan Machine
Last edited by jkh; 05/21/15 11:59 PM.
22/05/2015 11:55 pm
Yeah the list does go on, from building support, brackets, rails, ropes, shackles, car frame itself...and that's just the bones to make it go. Now the bones that make it woah, safeties, governor, governor rope, buffers, pit floor structure...glad it's not me out on this.