Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Rope gripper ?

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,469 Views
(@Upndown)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2710]
Has anyone changed the plungers on a rope gripper?



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry no. Make and model?



   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes... on a HW... Pain in the ass. Watch out for the spring tension



   
ReplyQuote
(@Upndown)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah it's a HW, spring tension is exactly what I was concerned with. I've only installed and set them up, never tore one apart.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Upndown)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So I swapped out the plungers on the HW rope gripper today. I meant to grab the model# but forgot. It's the big one, two plungers, three springs on a nasty freight. Not as bad as I thought, Took about 3 1/2 hrs. Three items I wish I had but didn't, hammer, drift pin, about a ten inch long 5/32 allen wrench. All in all I'd say it went pretty well.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top