Elevator Forum

Kone MRL Machine Re...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone MRL Machine Replacement

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,133 Views
(@classic_chevy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2728]
Anyone had to do one yet?

Ecospace
Monospace

Kone claims none in the US



   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Flat motor replacement, not sure if this is exactly what you're asking about.

Kone Machine Replacement

Last edited by E-man; 02/26/12 06:50 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
http://elevatorshack.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2006-kicking-the-big-ks-ass/

IDK, but you might have to sign up to view the link.

It was done in the Netherlands. If the Italian flat motor he used can be certified by California, it may happen here.

Last edited by Vic; 02/26/12 07:55 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@roadrunner)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
http://www.prismaitaly.it/prisma/productsFamilyDetail.asp?IdFamily=13&ID=128

That's the machine that Vic is talking about.It looks like it's spreading like wildfire about this machine replacement.The Guy that did it used a Combivert F5 Lift Drive in combination with this motor.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have a Kone MX20 at a motor rewind shop. Preliminary investigation indicates rewind is possible.



   
ReplyQuote
(@classic_chevy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Vic I thought I read somewhere that you removed the motor for bearings, not a shorted or open motor. I could be mistaken as I have read alot of posts on the Kone MRL product 😴. Anyway I was really interested in seeing how much weight Kone's claims of not losing any motors in the US would carry. I was sure there had to be many instances of these motors going bad all over the nation and they were just keeping them quiet.

Good luck on the project looks like alot of work.

Please post some figures for man hours required to do this repair and what the rewind on the motor is going to cost. Is Walton Motors doing this rewind?



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
To be fair, this particular motor got shorted due to water incursion into the shaft.

And I do have another motor on another job, that will need motor bearings soon.

The only thing I have heard about these motors, is that Kone does pull them out, and the only reason I heard was for motor bearings. But it's not like I have asked Kone guys about their experiences, that's just one anecdote. And when I heard that, it was also said that Kone gets them way cheap, much cheaper than they sell them for.

This project won't be a good baseline for crew hours, since the rigging, motor dissasembly, etc, is non-standard, and we had to make our own custom gantry. If I have to do it again, (like removing the other motor that will need bearings soon), I'm sure it will go much faster. I'll post what I think would be standard hours for non-Kone personel to do a remove and reinstall. I don't think anybody would be exactly as fast as Kone, because they do them all the time. But I'll come close, maybe on par, when we do our second one.

I don't feel comfortable sharing how much the rewind is going to cost, or who is doing it. But I will say this- Rewinding is much, much cheaper than having Kone doing a new motor. TTYL.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top