Elevator Forum

Required to use the...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Required to use the manufacturer CO for service?

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,945 Views
(@SpaceLord)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20655]
Are you required to use the manufacturer company for service?

Is it like a Car, just because you have a ford does not require you to go to the FORD dealer for service.

Are there generally like 3rd party elevator service companies? I'm thinking of switching because I'm not happy with my current service.

Thanks.

Last edited by SpaceLord; 05/22/17 08:39 AM.


   
Quote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It depends on the area you are in, but typically there are many non oem 3rd party company's in the larger markets.

I would highly advise that you make sure the company you hire has the full capability to maintain the elevator you have. Often the newer elevators require special diagnostic tools that 3rd party company company's do not have access to. I have seen comapnys charge for maintenance for years and then one day the elevator goes down and they have no way to fix it and you have to hire the OEM. I'm not saying this in support of the OEM, just advising you to do your due diligence when picking a new provider.



   
ReplyQuote
(@maytag man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's not entirely true, if you have an OEM elevator you can purchase a job specific tool from OEM or an independent company may have or acquired one for your type of equipment doesn't hurt to ask!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top