Elevator Forum

Removing Viscosity ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Removing Viscosity On A TAC20

17 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,019 Views
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36554]
Happy New Year! I have an issue with a TAC-20 and would like to remove viscosity function. How do I perform this with IMS tool?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
To remove viscosity you just lift the wire for OLTS



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just found out this is a TAC20-03. Would this be any different.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm looking on the TAC20-03 print I just don't see it. On the Tac-20 i see it on page 10. Can't find it on the TAC20-03?



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We don't see a temp sensor either. Elevator goes onto viscosity but pump doesn't run which in turn causes a 1087 fault or run monitor fault on IMS. Dead in the water....We see viscosity request on IMS but nothing happens then it faults..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would expect then that you’d get the same fault if the car tried to run up or level up. For some reason you aren’t getting a run command to the starter. MCC1 powers the starter, MCC2 and MCC3 pick to give the starter a run command. The 20-03 print I’m looking at has OLTS in CON25-1. The only other time you see “Viscosity” as the car status is when it’s on “Viscosity Overtemp Shutdown.” Usually form the OLTO input or MCF from the fault contact on the starter. It still just shows Viscosity for some dumb reason but if you put PCL in Remote Fast you’ll see which it is.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Let me check it out. I appreciate the information and let know what I find!



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Someone recently had replaced fault relay and wired it incorrectly. We believe this will correct issue moving forward.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Fault relay is part of the Siemens Soft Starter. Not sure how they crossed this up as we just took over account.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So, we made the above wiring change and thought we were home free. Well, now it's going back on viscosity but we have no wires plugged into those connections on the board to tell elevator to initiate the feature? Any other ideas?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
The only other time you see “Viscosity” as the car status is when it’s on “Viscosity Overtemp Shutdown.” Usually form the OLTO input or MCF from the fault contact on the starter. It still just shows Viscosity for some dumb reason but if you put PCL in Remote Fast you’ll see which it is.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 02/06/24 12:56 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We will check it out this morning.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FriscoKid)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We replaced the MCC1,2,and 3 relays and rechecked wiring all seems good now. What is the "PCL" and how do you put it in "remote fast"? I'm sure its just an acronym I don't know. The faults we last saw were in this order. 1042,1087,1074,1087



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Permissions Change Log. You just type in PCL and it’ll return the last several changes in mode of operation. If it returns I’d replace K1-K8 relays on the 188E then the logic board. And make sure the MUTS relay has the suppressor covered in heat shrink and wired to the coil. Not one of the plug in type. Better is to catch MCD low when no valves are picked, that confirms one of those 8 relays is bad. Or MCE high with the starter not running, that points to the up to speed contact but you can confirm with a meter.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top