Elevator Forum

Remote OS reset Gen...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Remote OS reset Gen 2 MRL

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,049 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34334]
I’m having trouble finding my OS jumping points in my door jam .. I have them on the cpu but if it happens on the top floor I do not have access to the cpu in shaftway. On the back of the service panel door it says SOS see P9 53. And diagram says EIP1-1 to 2 for GOS. And kj9-2. To kj9 -1 for sos and I don’t see GTC. but anyway I don’t see these on the terminal strip. Also remote gov reset not working. Always have to manually reset it from car top. Any tricks to getting it to reset in remote mode. I hear the solenoid trying but doesn’t reset it .

Last edited by Jluff; 12/06/22 06:56 PM.


   
Quote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Also wondering what you guys do when this happens at top floor ? Jack up car to release safety ? How do you get to car top if hatch is locked ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hope&Poke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
EIP1 is the 20 pin terminal, Pin1 starts on top. That gray terminal is usually on the Right side below the board in jamb. Your "KJ" terminals will be in the COP. As far as the gov reset, are you referring to S4, micro button "GOV TRIP/RESET" on the board? Or S5, "MANUEL RESET" ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Gov trip reset. I see it engaging on side of car gov but doesn’t do anything. Always have to reset by hand So only OS can be jumped in door jam? GTC and SOS have to be jumped in COP ? I can jump them all on the cpu In top shaft-way. Just want to be able to do it in door jam if possible

Last edited by Jluff; 12/12/22 09:58 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Hope&Poke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You may, if you haven't tried already, need to press the button several times to reset the OS (overspeed) switch.

SOS are automatically reset once the car is moved UP.
Unintended Movement/Ascending Car Overspeed can be reset by pressing the "Manual Reset" in the ITP & then cycling the power. EIP1-3 to EIP1-4 will jump your SOS. EIP1-20 to EIP1-4 will jump Front Gate Switch, interlocks and SOS.

Not sure what GTC is? Didn't see it in my safety chain print.

Is that Governor Tension Contact?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top