Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
09/08/2010 4:46 am
Hi.
I have a problem with a Otis REM III, I dont know how to re-program the phone numbers.
I have heard that there is a PROM in the device that stores the numbers, but no one i have talked to is certain about that.
Is there anyone who know how to re-program it or if there is a PROM?
Any tips would be helpful.
Best Regards
Dennis
09/08/2010 6:25 am
the phone number should be stored in the PCB phone in the COP. it programs like a EMS phone. Do you need to keep the REM? it is easily eliminated.
Topic starter
09/08/2010 7:49 pm
I dont need to keep the REM, but would be glad to use it as emergency phone.
How do i do that?
Best Regards
Dennis
10/08/2010 6:05 am
unless you work for otis eliminate the rem alltogether and hook the phone line directly to the emergency phone. The rem is just for otis to monitor the elevator status...REM (remove elevator man) they can do all there trobleshooting via rem. and most of the phones i've seen otis use are ems phones so just go to their website for programming instructions.
10/08/2010 1:03 pm
if you have a print onsite it is pretty straight forward. look on the "Telephone and Fire Jack" section usually. Send me a not offline if you need further help.