I was wondering if there was any documentation or standard ways to read a floor position from the controller.
our controllers are in a separate room, but we have a few boards behind the button/front panel for each can. There's an indicator with a TK board behind it which has a few CON ports, pins, and ultimately has a 'phone' jack connecting to a TK 'can node' board labeled 6300VV1. There's a few pins, spio pins (TX,RX,GND,SOA,SOB,SCLK,etc). I was hoping one of the pins would be able to tell me something. I have a faint idea, but I need more information before I started hooking things together.
I'm trying to basically detect if someone is in it. There wasn't really anywhere to mount an PIR sensor, so I wanted to see if I could use what already exists. Our indicator is a dot matrix indicator and shows the floor number and direction, so I was hoping I might be able to tap into that. But it's pretty hard to find documentation on data type, which pin does what, etc.
If I can find, direction, floor position, or weight I can use that information.
I created a box that controllers various things inside, but do not want it to run all the time, only when someone is in.
Anyone have any recommendations on who to contact or helpful tips?
Thanks!
There's already a display inside that does exactly what we want, but the connectiosn aren't hooked. It's a RS485 and RS232 connection. Is there someone we should contact or place to look to hook this up?