Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ranking and Work

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
736 Views
(@Jonnyboy15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41028]
Does anyone know how fast the Local 51 out of Richmond VA moves? I ranked 30th out of 175 people and was wondering how long it could be before I get called up?



   
Quote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You should call the local and ask where they are on the list.

Also this site is open to anyone union. Non Union. Building owners, managers etc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CinciElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When I did my test/interview it was done, I tested in Florida and wanted to work asap and found that Ohio at the time was looking for labor so I hopped on up north. I’m not sure if the union still allows it but I don’t see what the problem would be, if a local needs labor and there isn’t any apprentices on the bench they should be able to hire a probationary as long as whatever local it is doesn’t have a wait list.
Good luck to you and stick to it. If your motivated and know elevator work is what you want, don’t give up. Better yourself with night classes and make it so next time your number 1 on that list. Call around, make some noise!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top