Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
11/06/2021 6:05 am
Pretty sad.
11/06/2021 7:32 am
Who on earth inspected this at turnover? Embarrassed for the installer and the inspector.
11/06/2021 9:24 am
Is that in the US?
11/06/2021 10:34 pm
Wow.
I remember back in the day when we were afforded like 9 days to install a multi floor hydro, painted out and cleaned up. We actually used antiquated tools like the conduit bender (remember that?), emt straps, j-boxes and bushings on the fitting ends. In that day, those who used aluminum or steel flex or all over the cartop were scorned. But they were out to prove just how quickly they could install, but cared not much for pride in workmanship.
I remember back in the day when we were afforded like 9 days to install a multi floor hydro, painted out and cleaned up. We actually used antiquated tools like the conduit bender (remember that?), emt straps, j-boxes and bushings on the fitting ends. In that day, those who used aluminum or steel flex or all over the cartop were scorned. But they were out to prove just how quickly they could install, but cared not much for pride in workmanship.
Topic starter
16/06/2021 4:20 am
The install is a year old. Went to do the first annual and when I got into the hoistway, all I could do is laugh. So this is what the industry has come to, I have to make my numbers or the boss will take my vehicle and foreman's rate. Pretty sad. I have no idea who put their QEI on this but I found it rather amusing the finals didn't work, cords ran through holes with no fittings, covers were missing and 40' of phone line rolled up and tied to the header on the top floor. Highly flammable spray foam was used to seal the hoistway penetrations. Too bad so many lack the testicular fortitude to stand up to management. I started this industry in 1987, if we had even thought about doing something like this your ass would be gone in the blink of an eye.
16/06/2021 10:21 am
yes, lots of customers only care about the price? we have one customer get the price from a chinese company, they quote him a crazy price that only USD 11/pcs for a elevator encoder.... and he think the price is real, so he bought it, in the end he come back to buy from us......