If its 1/2" or 3/4" pipe I'd recommend a racheting hand threader and Tristand chain vise to hold the pipe. (Harbor freight or your local pipe supplier for name brand)
If its 2" or bigger I'd recommend using a motorized Tristand with a hydraulic groove that rolls the groove into it. Cutting the groove is a pain in the butt and finicky, and weakens the pipe, and is slower. You can rent piping machines also.
By the way, schedule 80 is thicker walled, but the OD is the same. The ID is smaller.
DONT FORGET, if your using schedule 80 pipe you must accompany it with all schedule 80 close nipples and class 3000 fittings. Piping is like a chain, its the weakest link that blows up.
And my last thought, if your ever doing a very critical threaded connection that must not leak, Expando is the only way to go. If you use Expando you must let it dry for 24 hours before putting pressure on it. If you do, I've never seen one Expando'd joint leak, ever.
As the others have said, it would be a pain to order the pipe precut and grooved or threaded. Well worth the investment in a threader and groover.
Buffalo, not everyone here is union. I'm not. But I definitely agree, the piping is our work regardless.