Elevator Forum

Otis Ultra Drive 'B...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis Ultra Drive 'Brake I Hold' error

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,209 Views
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38220]
I replaced an ultra drive on a gen2 otis lift recently and ever since it has been having sudden stops showing Brake I Hold. Can anyone please suggest ways to resolve this?

The lift was ok until the drive packed up but no adjustment was made on the brake.

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by olugbemileke; 09/13/24 12:39 PM.


   
Quote
(@TheElevatorGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
“Brake I Hold” sounds like the “I” could be the current (electrical symbol = I) of the brake to hold it open.

Is there some sort of setting you can adjust for this via the service tool/OFT ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When you replaced the drive did you retain the old EEPROM or use a new one? Have had issues when retaining the EEPROM



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top