Elevator Forum

Otis Hydro-Fit (hyd...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis Hydro-Fit (hydro MRL) taking SOME HALL CALLS

19 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,632 Views
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40779]
Been servicing a few of these Otis Hydro fit MRL hydro’s.

Last week an elevator went down after a power outage in the area. When i turned the elevator on the car was stuck on fire service and no matter what I did it would not reset of phase 1 recall. I tool all the smokes, and fire wires out put some bypass jumpers and still the car wouldn’t come off fire service. I used the handheld and changed the fire code from (32 not even on my list for what code so I assume local code) to 28 as per my manual. Car reset off fire service no issues. I tested the car and it ran fine/ still runs fine. I put the fire code back to 32 and tested the fire, smoke contacts and it worked. So, I thought the system glitched out, tested the call and it ran fine, took car halls and I know 1st floor hall call…didn’t notice the 2nd or 3rd floor hall calls were working or not.

Fast forward 2 days they call and say the 2nd and 3rd floor of this 3 stop elevator not taking hall calls. Car will take car calls; go to the floor no issues just won’t take hall calls (up/down at 2 or down at 3). i replaced the buttons and hall boards but it didn’t work. it will take a call for the 1st floor HALL (terminal lower floor) NO OTHER HALL CALLS.

anyone have any suggestions? I confirmed all parameters are correct and even checked them against another elevator in the building (they have (2) simplex elevators) that are identical



   
Quote
(@Lifty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi Mate, have you checked your security IO settings [card reader security] - is is possible that a few of these have become corrupted due to the power outage.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Lifty
Hi Mate, have you checked your security IO settings [card reader security] - is is possible that a few of these have become corrupted due to the power outage.

Checked all the IO settings and even went as far to verify a 2nd time based on the other simplex in the building. Both elevators (simplex) have the exact settings.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you check the CUDE masks? If that’s good, use the IO test feature in OCSS and have someone push the hall button while monitoring that input to see if it’s firing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you address the RS boards correctly?



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Hex67
Did you check the CUDE masks? If that’s good, use the IO test feature in OCSS and have someone push the hall button while monitoring that input to see if it’s firing.

Yes confirmed all that stuff

Originally Posted by tayto
Did you address the RS boards correctly?

yes, even adressed top floor as bottom floor to test everything and when I did so the elevator did infact go to the top floor but thought it was at 1st floor. This confirmed that all the wiring, RS board and buttons are working properly.

This lead to me swapping the I/O board with the other car (building has (2) simplex elevators that are the same) and the problem went with the board. This confirmed that the main I/O board is bad.

Waiting on approval to pull the board and send it in for repair. \



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Seems like a programming issue… Did you try Recalculating the CRC and verify the hall button IO’s under M-1-3-2?



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with Hex, I doubt it is the board. try clearing DEC, M-1-5-4, also PF RAM M-1-5-1. If that doesn't work I would try what Hex says, recalculate the CRC in MCSS & OCSS. when you swapped I/O boards did you also swap the GECB?

Last edited by tayto; 03/31/26 01:53 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by tayto
I agree with Hex, I doubt it is the board. try clearing DEC, M-1-5-4, also PF RAM M-1-5-1. If that doesn't work I would try what Hex says, recalculate the CRC in MCSS & OCSS. when you swapped I/O boards did you also swap the GECB?

Yes I cleared the DEC, PF and recalculated CRC in both MCSS and OCSS.

The hand held is not seeing any hall call other then 1st floor.

Yes I did swap with the GECB

Dont know if I mentioned this but this started after a power issue in the building. When we found the car is was stuck on Phase 1 recall and the only way we got it off was going in and changing the fire code. After that we set the fire code back to what it was. The car ran fine from the car and 1st floor but the 2nd and 3rd floor hall buttons arent working. We know its not a wiring. Swapped the IO with the GECB and the problem swapped with it. We cleanered all the faults, ram and even recalculated CRC in both.

Last edited by KSNY; 04/02/26 11:29 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you watch the IO’s when someone pushed the hall buttons? And if you force the outputs on does it fire the hall button lights?

I feel like it’s a parameter issue. If your fire code parameter changed after the power blip then something else did. There are a few items I’d check but too many to list completely 😂.

M-1-3-1-9 RISER
M-1-3-1-2 TOP
M-1-3-1-7 EN-HCR
M-1-3-3-1 (Verify the CUDE masks for each landing)

Hall button IO’s 1848, 1849, 1928,1929 etc.

Fire a hall call via the service tool and see if the car responds.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you swap the E2P when swapping the GECB



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Hex67
Did you watch the IO’s when someone pushed the hall buttons? And if you force the outputs on does it fire the hall button lights?

I feel like it’s a parameter issue. If your fire code parameter changed after the power blip then something else did. There are a few items I’d check but too many to list completely 😂.

M-1-3-1-9 RISER
M-1-3-1-2 TOP
M-1-3-1-7 EN-HCR
M-1-3-3-1 (Verify the CUDE masks for each landing)

Hall button IO’s 1848, 1849, 1928,1929 etc.

Fire a hall call via the service tool and see if the car responds.

M-1-3-1-9 RISER (M-1-3-1-1 riser = 11100000)
M-1-3-1-2 TOP (Top = 3)
M-1-3-1-7 EN-HCR (EN-HCR= 0)
M-1-3-3-1 (Verify the CUDE masks for each landing)
01=11000000
02=11100000
03=10100000

1847 = 4-1
1848 = 5-2
1928 = 5-1
1929 = 6-1

***Handheld tool will not take/latch hall call either**

and I tried all the resets



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well those all look appropriate. Is there an EMS in play by chance? I’d still like to see the M-1-2-1-3 set it to 5-1 and have someone push the hall button and see if you’re seeing the input.

Could wire in an RS board with buttons in the MR also.

I cannot think of anything else as to why the bottom hall button would function but not the rest. Especially if swapping the IO board fixed it.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Hex67
Well those all look appropriate. Is there an EMS in play by chance? I’d still like to see the M-1-2-1-3 set it to 5-1 and have someone push the hall button and see if you’re seeing the input.

Could wire in an RS board with buttons in the MR also.

I cannot think of anything else as to why the bottom hall button would function but not the rest. Especially if swapping the IO board fixed it.

When I swapped the IO baord it still had the GECB attached. I was worried that something would be messed up (like tac32 and UIT is coded per car). We just got the IO board back and they are saying that NO ISSUES FOUND wiht the IO board!

I checked those Addresses on the handheld and everyhting matches the job perfectly, and even checked against the other car and everyhting is the exact same.

Not sure where to go from here other then getting a new GECB board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Swap running car E2 into the GECB from bad car. Not surprised IO board is fine, still sounds like a parameter or IO to me. it will be difficult to figure out without the IO sheets....

Post what the OCSS inputs are, that might shed some light for us.

Last edited by tayto; 04/18/26 01:24 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top