Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
29/10/2013 3:52 am
Put one on safties now cant run even with saftey circuit made can not get c up car will not reset any thoughts
29/10/2013 6:31 am
GDS? Are you talking about a relay or module?
29/10/2013 8:26 am
Boston,
What is GDS?
Are the safeties type A instantaneous or type B clamp?
What is GDS?
Are the safeties type A instantaneous or type B clamp?
29/10/2013 12:58 pm
Boston, not sure what GDS means, but remember that if a lift trips the safety gear or anything mechanically for that matter, if you short out the electrical cct, it should mean you can move the hoist motor(safely of course) but it may still mean its tripped mechanically still. If you cant move the hoist motor then it will more than likely mean that the cct is not complete with limits/modules/contacts etc. I would suggest that if it wont move you still have an open cct somewhere. The lift should at least slip thru the sheave which tells you the cct is ok. You then would still need to fix the mechanical issue.
30/10/2013 5:10 am
Why are commas and periods becoming a thing of the past??
I would use a meter to see why C is not getting up.
Last edited by E-man; 10/29/13 09:10 PM.
30/10/2013 5:40 am
I agree with e-man. A little hard to read. A comma here and there would help.
30/10/2013 6:29 am
I find it even more alarming that more and more people are turning to the internet/forums looking for elevator information.
Granted we were all green at one point, but I/we had people to turn too...
Granted we were all green at one point, but I/we had people to turn too...
30/10/2013 10:34 am
are you talking about gds/gd2? you need to reset unintended motion. or you lost the brake switch.
30/10/2013 2:04 pm
Originally Posted By: E-man
Why are commas and periods becoming a thing of the past??
I would use a meter to see why C is not getting up.
Sorry mate, I was rambling a bit!
30/10/2013 2:09 pm
Originally Posted By: Postal
I find it even more alarming that more and more people are turning to the internet/forums looking for elevator information.
Granted we were all green at one point, but I/we had people to turn too...
Granted we were all green at one point, but I/we had people to turn too...
Agree, where is the unofficial hierarchy within lift companies that we had. I had senior mechanics, jnr leading hands, senior leading hands, field technicians(engineering) in that order to ask questions.
30/10/2013 10:33 pm
Originally Posted By: uppo72
Originally Posted By: E-man
Why are commas and periods becoming a thing of the past??
I would use a meter to see why C is not getting up.
Sorry mate, I was rambling a bit!
No worries, I was talking about the original post.
31/10/2013 5:13 am
One of these days some of these "non " elevator gumbas are get someone killed, then next a lawsuit
31/10/2013 1:00 pm
Agreed. Do any of these posters know what a dmm is? Do your job first, then come back here and ask for help if you're still stuck. We aren't here to do your job. If you don't comprehend what you're doing, get out of service and back to stacking rails before you kill someone.
01/11/2013 6:25 am
Seems like now people just want to do a Google search to find out how to fix an elevator.....
01/11/2013 11:08 am
Postal,
What is a " non elevator gumbas" ?
What is a " non elevator gumbas" ?
Page 1 / 2
Next