Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis E411 IO’s

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,907 Views
(@Daniel718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#27342]
Hello,

Is it possible to force an IO on with a handheld from the controller? I’ve been working on an E411 controller and the car and controller are not close by. I would like to be able to put the car on independent from the controller and when I get to the car be able plug my hand held in from the car station and simply revert the independent IO back to normal when I get there. I have an OCSS manual but it doesn’t say what a specific IO parameter is. Any help would be great.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The input should be at address 391. Disable write protect, go to 1-3-2, hit 3-9-1 Enter. If it’s a 000, make it 010, if it’s 010, make 000, Enter. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve never done this specifically.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for the reply. How did you know to use “000” or “010” for that specific input. I know “000” normally means to turn off a parameter, but does “010” mean to turn it on? And does this apply to all other IO’s or just this one specifically?

I also attached two sheets. One is from a 2006 manual and the other from 1989. The controller I have was put in around 1990. So I’ve been going off of the 1989 manual. In that manual they have independent listed as IO #179.

In the 2006 manual they have it as 391, like you said. Should I go off of the 1989 or 2006 manual?

Attachments
A2ED3586-0B1F-4524-B2D2-DBBE8AFFD64C.jpeg (237.41 KB, 83 downloads)
157ED091-1348-49A6-A5EA-D06C68E652BC.jpeg (420.14 KB, 60 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I say 010 because that’s how it works when you turn off/on the doors and disable hall calls on 311/411. Again, I’ve never tried with independent. Best case, you have an I/O list on site. If not, I’d go with the manual closest to the vintage of your 411 first. Either way though, if you’re going to turn something on or off that you are not 100% sure of, make sure you have full control of the car and don’t let it run without changing the I/O back if it was not Independent.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i/o 2490 change it cancels hall calls an i/o323 will finish car calls, then your car to bring to floor you want it at



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you, your method was correct. The 2006 manual was the correct one for me. And it was possible to force the independent input on from the handheld.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top