Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
26/10/2017 5:02 am
Hey guys,
Got an Otis 211 hydro that is displaying DTC on the board in the controller. It has front and rear doors that are both closed. Both gates are made up. DC,DOL,RDC and RDOL relays are active. I can not get the dtc to go away and the car will not run on normal or inspect. Safety circuit looks good. Any ideas?
Got an Otis 211 hydro that is displaying DTC on the board in the controller. It has front and rear doors that are both closed. Both gates are made up. DC,DOL,RDC and RDOL relays are active. I can not get the dtc to go away and the car will not run on normal or inspect. Safety circuit looks good. Any ideas?
26/10/2017 5:17 am
You did not mention door locks. HDS, UADS, LADS, RDS. I think there are LEDs for all 4.
26/10/2017 7:26 am
It's a door time close protection fault. If you force the doors open do they close? Have you tried resetting with s1 or tried the hard reset?
26/10/2017 9:31 am
I believe (but I've been wrong in my declining mind) that a hard reset clears DTC. Like bp said, if the reset button doesn't get it, it's a hard one. Once you get it reset to run, check both detector edges and your door hanger tracks for dirt ramps or interlock contacts/shorting bars that are shot. Careful, "safety circuit looks good"... There is an LED with the letter C or CSTAT if it's a blue unit. If that's lit, then your safety string is good. Dirt is right about the inputs he mentions, so be certain those are lit too.
Topic starter
26/10/2017 1:41 pm
The car was in between floors but I did manage to get on the car top and then see if the doors powered closed after forcing them open, and they did. I checked the dtc timer setting and it was good. Tried a S1 reset and still got dtc. I tried all this before I posted which is why I was perplexed. So I went back to look at the door op while standing at the landing entrance. Now I could actually see in the car when I forced the doors open and you'll never guess what I found. A broom from a cleaners cart had shifted and fell over into the door as it closed. It was in the way just enough to throw off the door motor encoder count I guess, because photo eyes and gate switches were made up. Anyway, good to go. Sorry for kind of crying wolf and thank you guys for your help.
26/10/2017 9:23 pm